Friday 18 May 2012

Why?

The idea's been with me a long time - born out of my travels as a kid, camping with my Dad in northern Europe and, perhaps most memorably, in Norway & Sweden in 1969! So, combine that with my love of motorcycling, time on my hands and a moderate lump of cash, and you can see why it has to be done.

Setting off on 29th May 2012 for 4 weeks. Harwich/Esbjerg ferry, then anti-clockwise around the Baltic Sea. Denmark, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Sweden, Denmark. Reckon on about 5k miles. Mainly camping, but doing b&b in Riga, Tallin & Oslo.

The bike's a Triumph Tiger 800xc. Got it last year (with this in mind) & proved it on a central European tour. It's now kitted out to my liking - a few functional additions, but nothing over the top.

Me mate Steve (The Flying Haggis) is joining me on his recently acquired Honda Transalp.

Should be fun.

Keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment